DuPont Industrial Electrician & Maintenance Mechanic ($3,000 Sign-On Bonus!) in Algona, Iowa
Industrial Electrician & Maintenance Mechanic ($3,000 Sign-On Bonus!) (Job Number: 193450W-01)
Tired of working 24/7 year round? Don't want to be on the road all the time anymore? If you are an Industrial Electrician & Maintenance Mechanic looking for an amazing place to work where you can have a better work-life balance, then this is the perfect role for you! Don't wait another minute, read more below about our excellent opportunity and apply today!
Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Electrician & Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Algona, IA. We're currently offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus to join our organization and we offer an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this role, you will perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation and maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities. You will be challenged with the responsibility of all plant electrical systems. The critical work performed by the Electrician directly affects the impact of safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of plant electrical systems
• Regular inspection
• Cost analysis
• Programmable logic controllers/electrical systems
• Security system and phone connections
• Maintain relationships with local vendors and contractors as identified
• Act as Plant Electrician and liaison with Engineering department
• Work with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
• Interpretation of electric code of application
The following arerequired:
• Two year technical/trade degree or three to five (3-5) years of industrial electrical experience and/or maintenance mechanic experience
• Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
• Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V-480V systems
• Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
• Able to read blueprints and ladder logic
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
The following arepreferred:
• Project planning & coordination skills
• Possess a Journeyman License
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving capabilities
• Ability to make independent decisions
• PC skills
• Knowledge of telephone systems
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Iowa-Algona
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.