BOLTON & MENK INC Survey Technician Apprentice in Ames, Iowa
Bolton and Menk specializes in providing public infrastructure solutions. We have over 70 years of experience serving the Upper Midwest and beyond. We are looking for aSurvey Technician Apprenticeto join our team in Algona and Ames, Iowa. As a Des Moines Register Top Workplace, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals and start your career!
As an apprentice you will help foster our mission that All People Should Live in a Safe, Sustainable and Beautiful Community! We are passionate about using collaboration to lead us to the right solution. A solution that can be planned for and funded. A lasting solution that not only works today but long into the future. Our expertise offers a fresh, engaging approach to solve multi-faceted problems involving technical, regulatory, and community issues.
Full-time Benefits Included!
What you will be doing:
- You will have the opportunity to learn and develop practical survey skills on-the-job while learning fundamentals from an accredited educational institution.
- Learn how to assist with field assignments for average land surveying scopes of work including construction staking, boundary location, ALTA, and topography for various projects
- Learn how to perform basic survey computations
- Learn how to assist in the preparation and production of survey drawings using CAD and other survey/engineering software
What we are looking for:
- High school diploma, GED, or HiSET
- Must possess a valid drivers license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Must be capable of working in extended outdoor conditions and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Occasional travel may be required
WHY BOLTON and MENK?
For over 70 years Bolton and Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton and Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrows leading infrastructure projects. Bolton and Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENRs Top 500 Design Firms and is a Star Tribune Top200Workplace in Minnesota. With over 700employees in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available. Learn more about our history here:https://www.bolton-menk.com/about-us/
At Bolton and Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton and Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules, and career development opportunities. Learn more here:https://www.bolton-menk.com/careers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton and Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton and Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton and Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton and Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton and Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.