PERISHABLE DISTRIBUTORS OF IA LTD FULL-TIME WAREHOUSE GENERALIST in Ankeny, Iowa
\ JOB OPPORTUNITY\ FULL-TIME WAREHOUSE GENERALIST\ \ PDI, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hy-Vee, has immediate openings for full-time Warehouse Generalists on 2^nd^ and 3^rd^ shift. The Warehouse Generalist is responsible for product life cycle and product maintenance from receiving to shipping through utilization of standard warehousing and customer service practices.\ \ PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to maintain the physical requirements. Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly according to the Department of Labor.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Observes work breaks, and adheres to department attendance guidelines and all company policies.
- Observes sanitation in the handling of product and reports spillage or distressed product to a supervisor. Performs general housekeeping duties as required.
- Operates powered industrial equipment, demonstrating caution and complies with safety rules and regulations in all aspects of the daily job requirements.
- Must maintain expected levels of performance in productivity and quality according to Standards Program.
- Selects product for shipment by safely operating stand-up rider pallet jack and utilizes a voice activated unit (VAU) directing to the employee to the correct pick slot. Validates selection by speaking check digit into headset of the VAU matching description and quantity.
- Builds pallets accurately and efficiently by stacking product to ensure product integrity and transport stability. Stretch wraps product on pallet, places batch label on front of stretch wrap and stages product on loading dock.
- Operates a forklift and utilizes RF Unit for product stock rotation according to expiration date and replenishment of empty slots.
- Accurately and efficiently receives incoming loads. Unloads truck, breaks down of pallets, tag with slot code, and delivers product to appropriate destination. Verifies product received with supplier invoice for accuracy and completes proper receiving paperwork. Unloads pallets and puts in proper storage locations. Performs temperature monitoring for incoming product and follows temperature guidelines.
- Accurately loads staged product into trailer according to router comments. Addresses any problems with pallets to prevent damage and spills. Works with dispatch on decisions pertaining to splitting loads, add-ons, and combining pallets.
\ SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: Industrial forklift and pallet jack license required. Ability to read and speak English. General knowledge of standard warehousing procedures and training in RF loading, receiving, stock rotation and stock replenishment preferred. This position is considered a semi-skilled position. This is considered heavy lifting in nature according to the Department of Labor Weight Classifications. Frequent to constant standing, lifting, handling, stooping, walking, carrying, pulling, climbing, hearing, speaking, kneeling, seeing, pushing, bending, and reaching. Frequent to constant reading and matching accurately and quickly, motor coordination, and manual dexterity.\ \ Note: For the safety of the Warehouse Generalist and his/her co-workers, the Warehouse Generalist must be able to hear equipment, co-workers, and warning signals (i.e. horn or warning shout). Hearing must be satisfactory in both ears due to the requirement of wearing a headset covering one ear and listening for environmental sounds with the other ear.\ \ WORKING CONDITIONS: Refrigerated, freezer and dry warehouse environmental working conditions. Temperatures ranging from 35 to -8. Must adhere to work schedule working week nights and weekends. Busy, noisy warehouse environment. Ambient outside temperatures in the dry warehouse.\ \ MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: High school education or equivalent preferred. Min mum of 1 year previous warehouse experience preferred. Ability to perform at 100% of engineered standard.\ \
*Schedule Options *\
\ (5) 8 HOUR SHIFTS
Tuesday Saturday \