Cargill Warehouse Operator in Buffalo, Iowa
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
The initial opportunity for this posting is as a Warehouse Operator, focused on safe forklift operation and the warehousing of packaged product. Future opportunities for internal growth include Bagging Operator, Endloader Operator, Rail Operator and Utility Operator.
Job Type: Full Time
Available Shifts: 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Compensation: $18/hr with a shift differential of $.65 for 2nd shift and $1 for 3rd shift
Sign on Bonus: $1,000
• Operate an industrial fork truck to move palletized materials between railcars, vans, flatbed trucks and the warehouse
• Use a vehicle-mounted computer to effectively manage inventories and accurately ship/receive materials
• Operate packaging equipment (palletizer, stretch-film wrapper, labeler and conveyors) used to stack and wrap materials prior to warehousing
• Effectively communicate with counterparts and management during shift exchanges
• Perform housekeeping to maintain acceptable standards
• Uphold personal safety requirements to support “Safe People” and zero incidents
• Ensure quality of the product meets Food Safety guidelines and customer specifications
• Other duties as assigned
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc. with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• Ability to work overtime as customer demands warrant including weekends, holidays and/or different shifts (sometimes up to 12 hours) with advance notice
• Ability to perform physical job duties including bending, kneeling, climbing, sweeping, driving, mounting/dismounting fork truck and infrequently lifting up to 50 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Basic computer skills
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Prior experience in production-related work or military experience
• Experience operating a forklift and/or warehousing experience
• Experience with SAP and/or warehouse inventory management systems
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs