OMG Midwest, Inc. Heavy Equipment Operator - Burlington, IA - 492554 in Burlington, Iowa
Job ID: 492554
Cessford Construction Company, a CRH company, is a supplier of construction materials servicing Central Iowa, Southeast Iowa and West Central Illinois. Those materials include hot mix asphalt, crushed limestone, sand and gravel and ready mix concrete. With multiple locations, Cessford offers a variety of employment opportunities for people throughout Iowa and Western Illinois.
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a variety of equipment for quarry operations. The career field for "Heavy Equipment Operator" includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions: Heavy Equipment Operator, End Loader Operator, Haul Truck Operator, Skid Loader Operator, Plant Operator, Plant Maintenance, Plant Teardown/Setup. This position may travel in the area from Burlington, IA to Le Grand, IA.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operate heavy equipment of various sizes and weights, safely and efficiently.
- Follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Follow direction of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with company policies.
- Assist in training less-experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing, and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Experience preferred but not required. Willing to train the right candidate who is looking to learn.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typi ally moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Cessford Construction Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity