Raytheon Technologies Architect in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This full-time position is for an Established Facilities professional relating to the architectural field. Gathers and analyzes data, implements new or modified plans and conducts other varied facilities tasks on multi-discipline teams. Responsible for code review and modifications to procedures to enhance Facilities team performance. Must be team player with excellent communication skills.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications and organization or government restrictions to ensure consistency in the documentation of the relevant records.
• Partners upon implementing new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or site emergencies.
• Inspects and reviews projects to evaluate compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
• Reviews building security and safety and recommends improvements to security procedures and protocols to ensure a safe workplace.
• Participates in prebuilding assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
• Participates in planning to ensure proper functioning of facilities.
• Plans, designs, and reconfigures equipment, machinery, buildings, and structures to ensure the optimal utilization of the organization's facilities.
• Assesses and evaluates the physical space requirements of the organization and recommends plans to meet needs.
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility.
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
• Requests vendor quotes and places order for equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs, as required to complete project.
• Works within parameters of facilities contractor management process.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in relation to architectural/construction planning discipline and at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
Strong working knowledge or architecture and design.
Knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office and PowerPoint.
Ability to prioritize and manage tasks in order to accomplish goals on a given timeline.
Architectural or related licensing preferred.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link (http://www.rtx.com/privacy/Job-Applicant-Privacy-Notice) to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs