PDS Tech Inc Electrical Engineer - Sr 2 - Active Secret Clearance in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Electrical Engineer - Sr 2 in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Successful Senior Electrical Engineer candidate will participate in design, development, test and support of Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers and related products for the Ground Navigation market. Emphasis is on ground-based and low dynamic applications for the U.S. DoD and international military customers. Product examples include GPS receivers for handheld and vehicular operation as well as embedded solutions for use in other host communication equipment and ruggedized laptop computers.
Hardware responsibilities include:
• Requirements definition and analysis,
• Architecture definition,
• Digital & RF design,
• Printed circuit design,
• Integration and test,
• Requirements verification,
• Transition to production, and
• Product line support.
• Additional duties may include performance of trade studies, bidding, project engineering, support to customers, and support to proposal activities in pursuit of new business opportunities.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. It is highly desirable that the candidate has experience in GPS receiver design.
• A digital design background with some RF experience is preferred.
• Previous experience with low power, low cost, and high volume electronics applications is also a plus.
• It is also desirable that the candidate has some project engineering experience as well as managing cost accounts and schedules.
• Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering or science field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.