FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Lead Civil or Environmental Engineer - Site Development in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
The scientists and engineers of Foth Environment Solutions take on complex projects across many markets, including manufacturing, mining, solid waste, utilities, and coastal infrastructure. Informed by decades of experience and today\'s best practices, we solve critical problems and add value in each of the markets we serve.
Foth Environment Solutions has a long track record of exceptional results. Whether the goal is asset realization, navigating regulations, ensuring safety, reducing costs, or gaining a competitive edge, we are ready for the challenge.
Foth Environment Solutions is currently seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Project or Lead Civil Engineer who is looking for new learning experiences, opportunities for career growth, and a desire to contribute to our clients\' success. This position will be based out of our Minneapolis, MN, Cedar Rapids, IA, or Des Moines, IA location with the potential to work remotely from a home office in Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin.
- Serve as a primary technical resource for environmental projects
- Oversee the development and quality control review of plans and specifications and serve as the engineer of record for construction projects.
- Provide hands-on technical engineering (issue identification and resolution, project team leadership, delivery of projects within scope/schedule/budget, technical quality, etc.).
- Participate in proposals/presentations, attend client meetings, advocate for client and stakeholder interests in public meetings, attend trade shows that support client interests, facilitate meetings between clients and suppliers and vendors, meet with regulatory agencies and contractors as owner\'s representative.
- Proactively identify client needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Demonstrate effective client and project team communication skills with a focus on technical issues for clients, regulators, and stakeholders.
- Coach junior engineers to develop their technical skills.
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Experience in site development, grading, drainage and storm water management.
- Minimum 5+ years of engineering experience related to site design or civil infrastructure
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure or ability to obtain within 18 months
- 5 - 10 years of experience working in the engineering consulting industry
- 3 - 5 years project management/coordination experience
- Experience in solid waste/landfill projects
- Experience in Marine Infrastructure projects
- Master\'s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a related field
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements and standards for the design of waste facilities and emerging regulatory issues
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, emp oys more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients\' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth\'s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients\' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!