Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Lead Structural Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID 1352 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Are you a licensed structural engineer ready to lead teams and mentor others? Join our team to help build long-term client relationships and deliver future-forward design solutions to industrial, education, and commercial clients. As a lead structural engineer, you’ll work alongside market experts and multi-disciplinary teams dedicated to research, design and build innovative solutions.
- Design structural solutions for industrial, commercial and education projects of various sizes with the main focus on industrial projects. The majority of efforts will focus on our long-standing industrial clients who we work with locally and nationally.
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation.
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget.
- Plan design work and provide direction to engineers and designers assisting with project work.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
- Represent the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects and present design solutions to clients.
- Professional Engineer licensure in Iowa or the ability for immediate licensure in Iowa with seven + years experience
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry
- Ability to lead a project from single discipline work to multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents
- Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred
- Ability to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Ability to pass drug screen tests and background screening, which are both required at most industrial sites.
### About Cedar Rapids
Our Cedar Rapids office is in Downtown Cedar Rapids, which is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at the McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at Theatre Cedar Rapids, and much more all within walking distance of our office.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes