United Technologies Corporation Manager, Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01323887
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Engineering, Systems
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
At Collins Aerospace, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Sr. Manager, Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA.
The Manager for Mission Systems Printed Circuit Design Services will lead a team of technical designers in the development of highly complex circuit card assemblies for use in highly reliable aviation and communication equipment. This individual will be responsible for the successful management of design support personnel and for ensuring the successful implementation of design processes and standards at multiple locations.
The Printed Circuit Design manager will work in close collaboration with Product Development Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Configuration Management and other enterprise organizations to deliver optimal design solutions and will assist in the enhancement of streamlined product development processes.
• Directs the activities of the design support functions.
• Oversees staff responsible for the design and documentation of new or modified printed wiring boards (PWBs) and circuit card assemblies (CCAs).
• Oversees and reviews the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of required documentation for electrical assemblies, printed circuit boards.
• Responsible for facility planning, lab design, and capital acquisition planning as needed.
• Ensures that there are appropriate design tools in place to facilitate work.
• May be responsible for establishing and assuring adherence to budgets.
• Develops and administers schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
• Will effectively manage daily operations required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
• Acts as an advisor to the business units regarding tasks, projects, and operations.
• Delegates work to exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Responsible for workforce planning to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Responsible for the selection and development of future employees and performance management and/or evaluation of current employees.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of technical capability and process to ensure optimal and efficient reuse of controlled IP and the sharing of controlled technical information.
• Ensure the technical interfacing and communication to project development teams and direct and subcontract staff.
• Investigate quality escapes, identify root cause issues and implement corrective actions
Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree nine years of related experience
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Electronic Hardware design fundamentals knowledge required
• General understanding of PWB and/or CCA design methodologies required
• Fluent in Product Configuration Structures and/or BOMs and Engineering Change processes
• Familiarity with relevant design tools
• Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
• Microsoft Office experience
• Exceptional problem solver
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize work
• High degree of attention to detail
• Ability to unleash energy in others and motivate while instilling a sense of urgency
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs