Aerotek Project Manager in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Project Engineer position provides overall project support to the Engineering and Project
Management groups in the Cedar Rapids office. The Project Engineer role is a key function for all
office and field related project activities and will support the project team to ensure seamless
communication and project execution between the office, 3rd party engineering firms, the field and the client.
Updating engineering and procurement schedules with current commitment dates.
Reviews equipment drawings, general arrangements, and can do accurate Quality Control checks.
Receives, records and distributes shop drawings from manufacturers and fabricators and drawing
submittals from contractors.
Assembles and transmits design document packages to clients and other engineering firms.
Maintains project related data and document filing system, especially on project specific folders and ftp site.
Updating engineering and procurement schedules with current commitment dates
Works to maintain the schedule commitments by working with engineering teams and equipment
- Receives Requests for Information (RFI) from contractors and can either answer the questions
directly or find the answer with appropriate company expert.
- Supports procurement activities, including tracking, expediting, and receipt verification at
Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently communicate across the entire project team
Highly proficient in a project management and project execution environment
Instills a high quality work environment at all times as well as demonstrates a strong QA/QC process for all project management work flows
Assure document control (i.e. project proposals, contracts, change orders, budget, financial and
monthly reporting, etc.) are included and properly filed in the project folder. - Maintain an updated Project Access database
Creates bid list, e-mail bid invitation, make follow-up calls to bidders, and prepare bid label and/or bid form.
Create project information sheet and distribute to PM and project team
Draft purchase orders and change orders to subcontractors.
Obtain quotes for items specified on plans as directed by the PM and Process Engineer
-Compile Operator & Maintenance manuals with warranty information.
• Strong attention to details and accuracy
• Excellent communicator with internal and external customers/clients
• Maintains a high level of professionalism, productivity and effectiveness
• Acts safely at all times whether at the office or at client’s facility
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word and other related computer software programs
• Ability to read and understand technical documents and drawings
• Proficient in Bluebeam and CAD
• Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends on occasion
• Ability to travel with little to no notice
• Handles themselves in a professional manner at all times, even during challenging situations with internal and external clients, vendors and contractors
• Seeks a win:win approach to resolve any conflicts/issues
• Maintains a high level of productivity and effectiveness when experiencing major changes/challenges
• Demonstrates the ability to make tough decisions and take appropriate actions
• Establishes open lines of communication
• Identifies and communicates internal and external best demonstrated practices
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs