Skyworks RF Module Design Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
RF Module Design Engineer
Apply now »
Date:Oct 5, 2021
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 64072
RF Module Design Engineer
When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you’ll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting-edge products for global markets. You’ll be paired with a mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing custom parts.
Skyworks Cedar Rapids design center is seeking engineering talent with expertise in RF/microwave, RFIC design, and PA product development.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-discipline team developing PA, RF switches, front-end modules for the high volume and fast-paced cellular handset market. Candidates will have opportunities to participate in all phases of product development, including product definition, architecture, system, transistor-level circuit design, MCM design, layout/layout supervision, lab debug, and production support.
Our culture is designed to promote fast decision making, uninhibited sharing of best practices, and a sense of individual ownership, so we can create unparalleled products and respond quickly to customer needs. These values lead to business agility and customer-centricity - essential ingredients for success.
Working and living in Cedar Rapids provides a commute-free lifestyle in a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the country’s most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team! #LI-DB1
(1) Relevant experience in PA, RF switches design or multi-chip module (MCM) design including filter and matching networks to support fully integrated front-end module designs.
(2) Hands-on experience in MCM artwork, EM simulation, and lab debug and tuning.
(3) Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Agilent ADS/GoldenGate/spectreRF and 2.5/3D EM tools such as Momentum, Sonnet, or HFSS.
(4) Solid understanding of RF concepts such as impedance matching, impedance transformation, distributed systems, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, bandwidth, and stability.
(5) Strong lab skills in RF debug and product characterization.
(6) A self-starter and team player with a strong desire to learn on the job.
(7) Strong desire and commitment to take the product from concept to volume production.
(8) Good communication skills both verbal and written.
(9) Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering + 5 years experience or MSEE + 3 years experience or PhD
(1) Good understanding of RF systems and familiarity with cellular standards
(2) Solid understanding of device and process technologies.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:Cedar Rapids Job Segment: Design Engineer, RF Engineer, Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: