Skyworks RF Power Amplifier Design Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
RF Power Amplifier Design Engineer
Apply now »
Date:Sep 12, 2022
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 69678
When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you’ll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting edge products for global markets. You’ll be paired with a mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing custom parts.
The Skyworks Design Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is looking for a highly skilled and motivated RF Power Amplifier design engineer to contribute to industry-leading development of Power Amplifiers (PAM) and Front End (FEM) modules for the fast paced and highly competitive cellular handset market. You will be involved in product development, including product definition, architecture, system, transistor-level circuit design, MCM design, layout and/or layout supervision, lab debug and production support.
Working and living in Cedar Rapids provides a commute-free lifestyle in a vibrant city consistently ranked as one of the country’s most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team!
• Prior experience in PA, multi-chip module (MCM) and RF front end design and product development preferred
• Solid RF fundamentals such as impedance matching, distributed systems, passive RLC and resonant circuits, noise, linearity, bandwidth and stability
• Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Agilent ADS/Cadence and EM tools such as EMX/HFSS
• Experience on RF switch and/or RFIC/analog circuit design highly desirable
• Excellent problem solving and lab debugging skills
• Hands on experience in RF tuning using state-of-the-art lab equipment
• Good understanding of cellular RF systems, including NR, LTE, and/or GSM/EDGE operation
• Ability to communicate program and technical progress or issues to management, marketing and the customer
• Work with cross function teams, including test engineers, product engineers, application engineers, program managers and marketing
• This position requires a BSEE with a minimum of 5 years of experience or MSEE with 3 years or PhD. Prior experience with GaAs HBT-based designs is highly desired
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Segment: Front End, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: