Shermco Industries Senior NETA Technician (Field Service) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
SENIOR ELECTRICAL FIELD TEST TECHNICIAN (NETA, Substation, Switchgear)
Come join the largest independent NETA testing company in North America. We are seeking experienced Senior Electrical NETA Technician to work out of our Cedar Rapids, Iowa field office. Will relocate.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Field Service Technicians inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (to 500kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- Prefer NETA Certification (III or IV) or equivalent or skills/experience to become NETA Certified; NICET certification in Electrical Power Testing may be considered.
- 4 or more years of relevant experience working with electrical T&D equipment.
- Good PC skills including email, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures; prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be physically fit and be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please