Skyworks Sr. Electrical Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Apply now »
Date:Nov 26, 2023
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA, US
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity, social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who together can change the way the world communicates.
Requisition ID: 71463
The Skyworks Design Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is looking for a highly skilled and motivated RF design engineer to contribute to industry-leading development of power amplifiers for the fast paced and highly competitive cellular handset market. When you join our team in Cedar Rapids, you’ll join a uniquely collaborative, multi-discipline engineering community who support each other working across our domestic design centers creating cutting edge products for global markets. You’ll be paired with a mentor to help support you as an integral part of a team responsible for designing custom parts.
Skyworks is one of the most cutting edge and impactful players helping people connect across the globe. Cedar Rapids, IA is a vibrant city with low traffic, low cost of living, quality schools, and plenty to do in the form of great restaurants, sports, live music, theatre, hiking, biking and more! Cedar Rapids is consistently ranked as one of the country’s most affordable cities. Learn more about the fantastic Cedar Rapids lifestyle when you talk with our team! #LI-DB1
You will be involved in product development, including product definition, architecture, system, transistor-level circuit design, PA area MCM laminate design, on chip layout guidance and EM extraction
Lab verification/optimization/debug, and production support
• Experience in power amplifier design
• Multi-chip module (MCM) and RF front end design and product development preferred
• Solid RF PA fundamentals such as impedance matching, distributed systems, passive RLC and resonant circuits, linearity / memory, stability, noise
• Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing Keysight ADS, EM tools EMX and HFSS
• Experience on RF switch and/or RFIC/analog circuit design highly desirable
• Excellent problem solving and lab debugging skills
• Hands on experience in RF tuning using state-of-the-art lab equipment
• Good understanding of cellular RF systems, including NR, LTE, WCDMA and/or GSM/EDGE operation
• Ability to communicate and present program and technical progress or issues to management and the customer
• Work with cross function teams, including front end design engineers, analog design engineers, test engineers, product engineers, application engineers, program managers and marketing
• This position requires a BSEE with a minimum of 2 years of experience or MSEE
Prior experience with GaAs HBT-based designs is highly desired.
Cadence experience is a plus
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is currently USD $87,600 - $167,900 per year. Starting base pay will depend on relevant experience and skills, training and education, business needs, market demands, the ultimate job duties and requirements, and work location. Skyworks has different base pay ranges for different work locations in the U.S.Benefits (https://www.skyworksinc.com/en/Careers/Benefits) include access to healthcare benefits (including a premium-free medical plan option), a 401(k) plan and company match, an employee stock purchase plan, paid time off (including vacation, sick/wellness, parental leave), among others. Employees are eligible to participate in an incentive plan, and certain roles are also eligible for additional awards, including recognition and stock. These incentives and awards are based on individual and/or company performance.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Segment: Front End, Electrical Engineering, Design Engineer, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology, Engineering
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: