Rockwell Collins Sr Electrical Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Requisition ID: 8010
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Test Engineering & Service Center of Excellence is seeking to fill a Sr. Electrical Engineering position with a talented individual who possesses a BSEE, BSCmptrE or Computer Science degree. The primary responsibility for this position is to develop and sustain manufacturing and service test equipment in support of multiple products and programs. The engineer who fills this position must have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations. These test stations include but are not limited by the following COTs equipment: network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, DMM's, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position also requires development and support of ESS and vibration test equipment and software suites.
· Thorough understanding of RC processes/tools (documentation (PDM/Eng central), SCL, IMPACT, SAP, ClearQuest)
· Factory support experience
· Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
· Excellent time management skills - ability to unsupervised, multitask and delegate work to support technicians, EPA's and peers.
· Software skills in LabWindows/CVI and LabView desired
· Software skills in C++ and .net are a plus
· Extensive experience in managing small teams through hardware builds (parts ordering, build coordination, etc.)
· Experience with bidding project activities
· Mentoring new engineers
· Project management experience (PE) is a plus
· Identifying, categorizing, and averting project risks (risk management)
· Controlling changes to the project scope and baseline
· Coordinating test equipment design reviews and ensuring the generation of appropriate design documentation
· Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations
· Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments
· Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers
· Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills
· Coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules
· This position will be located in Cedar Rapids, but the candidate may be required to travel on occasion
· Applicant must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship required.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
US Citizenship is required. Candidate must be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance..
Manufacturing experience is required.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.