Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Sr. Structural Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID 1352 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opportunity for a licensed structural engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- Professional Engineer licensure in Iowa or the ability for immediate licensure in Iowa
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus. Ability to direct in leading a project from single discipline work to multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents.
- Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work. Must have good attention to detail.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting design solutions to Owners.
- Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Design projects as a structural engineer for industrial, commercial and education projects of various sizes. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams.
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports, and other project documentation
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget.
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work. Mentor and teach other team members.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects. Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
The people who practice here love the responsibility given to them to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will have the opportunity to learn from and teach other employees. You will be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning every day. Shive-Hattery offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. Shive-Hattery has established a culture that has led to the firm being selected as a winner of PSMJ’s 2017 Premier Award for Client Satisfaction. This prestigious designation goes to the A/E/C industry’s best and brightest who have figured out the secrets for delivering on their promises and creating truly satisfied clients.
About Cedar Rapids
Nicknamed the “City of Five Seasons,” Cedar Rapids offers plenty of ways to spend your “fifth season” (which is the season to enjoy winter, spring, summer and fall).
The Cedar River runs through Cedar Rapids, where the Five Seasons Water Ski Team performs. Pro sports happen year-round, with Kernels minor league baseball, Roughriders junior hockey, Titans pro indoor football and Rampage pro indoor soccer. If you’d rather play than watch from the stands, try the public baseball and softball fields, all-weather basketball courts, Frisbee golf courses, sand volleyball courts, soccer complex, BMX dirt track, 24 miles of trail systems, off-leash dog parks and 74 parks.
If you’re looking for diverse arts and culture, we’re home to the Cedar Rapids Museum of Art (with the world’s largest Grant Wood collection), Ushers Ferry Historic Village, Brucemore National Trust Historic Site, the National Czech & Slovak Museum, the African-American Museum of Iowa, the Paramount Theatre and Theatre Cedar Rapids. The Shive-Hattery office is located amid the action, close to Green Square Park, the Cedar Rapids Public Library and several downtown eateries.
Orchestra Iowa and Cedar Rapids Opera Theatre pay homage to musical classics, while the McGrath Amphitheater hosts live bands every Friday night in the summer. The U.S. Cellular Center brings concerts featuring well-known artists, as well as sporting events, exhibitions and political rallies, to Cedar Rapids.
We also claim a Hollywood connection, with several Cedar Rapidians making silver-screen appearances: Bobby Driscoll, Ashton Kutcher, Elijah Wood and Ron Livingston. We’ve produced well-known pro athletes like golfer Zach Johnson and quarterback Kurt Warner.
Cedar Rapids is the second-largest city in Iowa, rated one of the Top 10 U.S. Cities to Grow Up In a few years ago – partially due to our low crime and great public schools
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes