Shive Hattery Inc Structural Engineer in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opportunity for an entry-level structural engineer with zero (0) to one (1) year of experience. This opportunity is a perfect fit for a December 2023 graduate. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You willwork in a culturethat values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers, and provides growth in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- Degree in Civil Engineering student with a Structural Engineering emphasis
- Master's in Structural Engineering is preferred but not required
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Must have good attention to detail
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting design solutions to Owners
- Experience using Revit, 3D software (Navisworks/Recap), structural engineering design software, and Microsoft Office software is preferred
- Design projects as a structural engineer for industrial, commercial, and educational projects of various sizes with the main focus on industrial projects. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams. The majority of efforts will focus on our long-standing Industrial clients who we work with locally and nationally. Our number one sector is the Industrial Sector which is fast-paced, exciting, and great for people who love to solve problems
- Provide design and drawing production support for projects in the structural discipline
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collection, and field data entry
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers
- Additional responsibilities include overseeing shop drawing reviews
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
- Ability to pass drug screening tests and background screening, which are both required at most industrial sites
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, and a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery offers a flexible work environment and supports balancing personal and professional responsibilities. We are an equal-opportunity employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or genetic information.