FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Survey Technician Intern - Summer 2024 in CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth is currently seeking a team-focused and results-oriented Survey Technician Intern to join our team. This is a hands-on learning experience conducting traditional survey activities as well as assisting with the use of leading-edge geospatial technology. This full time internship will be based out of our Cedar Rapids office for the summer of 2024. A co-op including the spring or fall semesters is also available! Explore the Foth internship experience by clicking !
- Conducting survey support for municipal transportation and aviation related projects, to include:
- Assisting with traditional survey activities that include utilizing digital level to set high accuracy elevations on project control and benchmarks
- Supporting operations using traditional land surveying tools (GPS/Total Stations) to complete topographic mapping surveys
- Aiding construction staking efforts essential to accurate construction operations
- Providing field support for 3D scanning and sUAS(Drone) operations
- Learning basic survey fundamentals to include topography surveys and legal boundary staking
- Data extraction support associated with drone and mobile LIDAR scanning technology
- Currently pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Civil Engineering at an accredited technical college or university
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth's commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is prof ssional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!