Priority Excavating, LLC Heavy Equipment Operator in Clive, Iowa
Priority Excavating is expanding and has openings for a Mainline and Loader Heavy Equipment Operator. We offer competitive benefits and a work environment that takes a willing, hands-on approach to every challenge thrown at us. Our crews are trained to handle any size job, ranging from commercial lots to entire neighborhoods. If you are hardworking and looking for an opportunity to grow, Apply today!
All jobs are located near central Iowa.
Please inquiry within for more details about our bonus program.
Quality employees deserve quality benefits. We offer:
- Competitive wages
- YOU ONLY PAY \$3.00 a WEEKFOR FAMILY AND SINGLE HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS- this includes dental, vision, basic life, short-term disability, and long-term disability. We pay the rest.
- Flex Benefit Plan 401K with a company match
We take pride in our work and reward our employees for their hard work with company outings, a holiday party and bonus\' based on longevity with the company.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Operates all equipment necessary for digging ditches or trenches, back-filling excavations, or compacting and leveling soil to grade specifications
- Excavators, loaders, dump trucks, backhoes, tractors, and scrapers
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently
- Ability to fuel, oil, grease, clean, and inspect equipment
- General knowledge of main line installation is preferred
- Ability to read blueprints, plans, and instructions a plus - or - desire to learn this skill set
- Other duties as assigned
- Work environment conditions consist of working in the sun, heat, cold, and water where the conditions could be dirty or dusty.
- Employee must be able to sit in the same position for up to 12 hours a day and requires repetitive motion of upper extremities operating controls. Operators may be required to jump in and help laborers, which requires:
- Ability to crawl in and out of excavations, climb up and down a ladder, operate company equipment
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, squat, reach, push, pull, and sit
- The ability to frequently lift 20 to 100lbs or more
- Must pass physical exam and drug test
- Ability to work extended hours during construction season (OT is paid at time and a half)
- A valid drivers\' license and driving record acceptable to our insurance company may be required
Priority Excavating is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.