CBRE Architecture & MEP Infrastructure Design Project Manager (Hyperscale Data Center Campus) in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Architecture & MEP Infrastructure Design Project Manager (Hyperscale Data Center Campus)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/61080/other-jobs-matching/location-only
6 additional locations
Norman, Oklahoma, United States Midlothian, Texas, United States Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States Pryor, Oklahoma, United States Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
Project/Program Management at http://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/projectprogram-management-5
Nov 07, 2019Post Date
The Architecture & MEPInfrastructure Design Coordination Manager is part of the overall client’s Capacity Fulfillment team. This requires someone that is very diplomatic yet is also somewhat of a hard driver / people & process pusher , but in a nice, polite, respectful and skillful way.
The role of anArchitecture & MEP Infrastructure Design Coordination Manager is to oversee the development of individual data center design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget.
The Design Project Manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working with client’s internal Engineering and Data Center teams to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
TheArchitecture & MEP Infrastructure Design Coordination Manager is responsible for taking the program level Plan of Record and localizing the design. He / she should enable the client’s internal engineering community and exterior consultants and provide the following:
· Design execution is responsible for taking the global Plan of Record (“PoR”)
developed by the client's internal design team, then localizing the PoR into a
site specific building design for server hall ("SH"), Facilities Service Area
("FSA'), Offices ("ODC") and mechanical/electrical central plant
infrastructure, developing an execution strategy with client, and turning over
to client's Data Center Services (“DCS”) for construction. Consult on
configuration and site footprint output.
· Ensure that the design team is meeting all local codes and local
· Work Volume: Responsible for 1- 2 very large, full, site specific projects from Body of Design (“BoD”) to 100% design.
· Work with client’s Project Controls Group (cost & schedule control) to take
the model cost and schedule and localize based on early design.
· Drive & track technical decisions made by program & project DCRE subject
· Drive design meetings, provide continual input to optimize design, minimize
unnecessary work, ensure meetings are efficiently managed.
· Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with DCS Project
Manager, DCRE and consultants.
· Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables
list for each related discipline and gain buy-in from internal stakeholders
· Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
· Facilitate many workshops, design meeting, "page turns" and plan reviews
· planning workshops with internal stakeholders
· Facilitate kickoff and planning workshops with external partners
· Facilitate design reviews in partnership with external partners
· Facilitate large scale workshops as necessary
· Issue and administer contracts
· Track deliverables as well as cost, schedule, progress and scope
· Coordinate design teams from matrixed internal stakeholders and the
procurement of external partners
· Change management for project scope and design contracts
· Facilitate technical decisions in-line with project needs
· Coordinate design activities with procurement and construction
· Provide clear and transparent communication with all internal stakeholder
and external project partners
Other duties as assigned.
** MOST IMPORTANT: Ensure the issuance ofengineering information to the right party, at the righttime, in the right format. *
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum (4) four years of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
PMP (US and/or Canada) and LEED AP preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBRE): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 90,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in over approximately 480 offices worldwide. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit cbre.us.
- CBRE Jobs