BUNGE NORTH AMERICA INC Instrument Control and Electrical Engineer in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
At Bunge, people don\'t just come here to work, they come here to grow - solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Bunge offers a strong compensation and benefits package, generous paid time off program and opportunity to progress. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values: * Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect * Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient * Do What\'s Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
The Instrument, Controls and Electrical Engineer will lead all ICE-related efforts at the site. This diverse and challenging role requires experience in all three disciplines. This role owns electrical safety compliance at the site for all internal and external resources, in accordance with Bunge requirements and all federal, state and local regulations. For each discipline, this role provides technical support and troubleshooting for the site, drives ICE-related reliability, leads all aspects of related capital projects and drives continuous improvements of ICE assets/systems.
This position leads internal and external resources through all ICE project phases using a stage-gated approach. Role owns successful delivery of project scope, safe execution and startup of all projects and delivery of targeted benefits. The ICE Engineer will work across many areas, for example: Project Management; Engineering; Operations support; Reliability; Procurement; Project Controls; Risk; Information Management; Environmental-Health-Safety-Reliability-Quality. This role will work closely with Regional ICE resources to manage and execute strategic plans at the local and regional levels.
*Essential Functions: *
- Ownership for safety related to all ICE efforts, assets and systems. Role ensures safety requirements are delivered in all projects regardless of size, Bunge standards are followed during troubleshooting and routine maintenance and that all individuals are properly trained to do assigned duties.
- Ensures safety of all internal/external resources in daily operation of site, troubleshooting efforts and in all project phases with special focus on installation, commissioning, startup, maintenance and operations. Plays highly visible and proactive role in supporting safety of others, including planned and unplanned safety talks, training and willingness to stop work being done by any one at any time.
- Ownership for site compliance to BNA Electrical Safety Policy, timely responses to ICE-related safety requests and site support in creating safe work plans - often driven by unplanned events in off-hours.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve instrumentation, control and electrical distribution systems.
- Develop and manage plans that resolve system obsolescence, spare part availability issues and ensures Critical Path spares are in stock at all times.
- Where possible, leverage proven technologies, adhere to Bunge design standards and leverage existing suppliers. Site and regional standardization are deliverables of this role.
- Ability to identify/develop new technology to gain ground and support to initiatives like Industry 4.0.
- Manage efforts related to manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing related to ICE efforts in compliance with specifications, applicable codes and all BNA requirements.
- Constant focus on developing and delivering projects that improve safety, reliability, environmental control, quality, operational efficiency and otherwise increase business contribution.
- Prepare and review equipment standards/specifications/data sheets and related construction bid packages. Assure deliverables are defined, take into account internal/external customer needs, include formal acceptance requirements and that detailed turnover packages are completed. This includes maintaining drawings, documen ation and supplying required training.
- Lead/participate in Root Cause Analyses, Fishbone, 5-Why and similar methodologies.
- Improve reliability and reduce downtime of ICE assets through optimization and improvement of preventive (PM) and predictive (PdM) maintenance strategies. Work with Regional ICE Reliability Team to assess current strategies, identify gaps and implement solutions. This includes ownership for constantly tracking, reporting on and resolving Top10 ICE reliability issues.
Engineering Bachelor\'s in one of the following (Instrumentation, Controls, Electrical). Experience in each of these areas is preferred, with preference given to electrical and power distribution.
Minimum 8 years multidiscipline ICE experience. Ability to work on multifunction teams composed of site/regional employees, external resources and centralized services like procurement. Ability to deliver quality results in a high-volume/fast-moving environment and adaptability are must-haves.
Effective collaboration with procurement throughout project life cycle. Experience participating in a vendor document review cycles.
Excellent project management skills and ability to control scope, cost, schedule and benefits delivery on all projects. Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
Experienced applying risk management methodology at key points in project life cycle. Proven ability to develop and manage risk mitigation plans to ensure success.
Experience using Project Quality control techniques covering inspecting, testing and reporting to ensure deliverables and customer expectations are met or exceeded in all project phases.
Experience applying HAZID and HAZOP, as well as Hazardous Location rating assessments. Knowledge in NFPA 36 and 61 are preferred.
Experience from any of the following sectors: Power Generation, Industrial Automation Supply, Oilseeds Processing, Agriculture, Biofuels, Pulp and Paper, Food and Beverage, Packaging or Chemicals.
Experienced with Microsoft products, SharePoint and other collaborative software, Microsoft Project.
Team player, excellent commu