CDM Smith Electrical Engineer 6(Remote Options) in Davenport, Iowa
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or full remote schedules for this position. *
Do you want to work on design and construction projects that impact the world? Our employees have the opportunity to delve into many aspects of electrical engineering, including the design of complex power systems, observation and construction services, power system analyses, etc. CDM Smith wants to match you up with the projects that inspire you. You will collaborate on challenging and meaningful work that has a positive impact on the community and makes a difference in the world while applying innovative, state-of-the-art software and programs.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Proficiency with designing medium and low voltage distribution systems including substations, switchgear and standby generation systems.
• Performing electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software.
• Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
• Modify and prepare equipment detail equipment specifications.
• Developing the electrical plans and specifications for medium to large sized and complex projects (water and wastewater, industrial, facility and transportation type) with minimal supervision.
• Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
• Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal and code enforcement officers.
• Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
• Direct lower level staff in developing short circuit, protective relay coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
• Developing of the project scope and budget and provide input for proposal development.
• Developing electrical area classification drawings based on the NEC articles 500 thru 504, NFPA 820.
• Will be required to supervise or coordinate the work of CADD Operators, design technicians and others assisting in specific assignments
• Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
• Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills
• Prepare and develop of the Engineer’s opinion of probable construction cost estimates using RS Means and similar construction estimation resources.
• Manage electrical power system or energy projects of high complexity for a variety of clients
Electrical Engineer 6(Remote Options)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Electrical Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license. 10 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs