Cobham Mission General Inspector in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a General Inspector that will perform inspection, functional testing, type testing and examination of all product subassemblies, final assemblies, and finished product(s). This position is located in Davenport, Iowa.
- Perform dimensional and/or functional examination of electrical, electronic, and electromechanical components and sub-assemblies, as well as parts, gears, moldings, and castings that have been purchased or fabricated in-house.
- Perform inspection, functional testing, type testing and examination of all product subassemblies, final assemblies, and finished product(s).
- Checks fabricated parts for correct size, configuration requirements, and material identification as prescribed in job specifications.
- Uses various types of test equipment, meters, etc., to verify that electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical parts and sub-assemblies meet job specifications.
- Operates all product related test equipment to analyze, record, and determine acceptability of product performance.
- Checks all finished product, associated documentation, and sales order requirements prior to shipment.
- Inspects solder and solderability on parts, sub-assemblies, components, etc.
- May perform process validations at CLSS or suppliers’ facilities.
- May perform source inspections or verification of inspection techniques at suppliers’ facilities.
- Maintains complete and accurate records of inspection activities.
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles.
- May occasionally lift 45 lbs.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1+ years’ of experience with reading and interpreting electrical schematics, blueprints, specifications, written instructions and sales order requirements.
- 1 + years’ of experience with performing size, form, orientation, and runout measurements on standard and special design measuring equipment.
- 1+ years' experience inspecting solder and solderability on a variety of parts, sub-assemblies, components, etc.
- 1 + years' experience with test equipment.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience handling fragile parts, completed product, and delicate measuring equipment without damaging them.
- Experience completing accurate records of inspection activities, using a computer terminal.
- 20/20 vision corrected or uncorrected in at least one eye and average to normal color vision (4 to 6 responses Titmus, B&L; or AO Testing machines or equivalent).
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Technicians & Operators
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 07-May-2018, 9:19:36 AM
Recruiter: Natalie Dolan
Req ID: 253634