Cobham Mission Senior Electronics Test Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Senior Electronics Test Engineer to work as part of a dynamic development team for the Life Support and Aerial Refueling Systems products at our Davenport, Iowa facility. We are looking for a talented engineer to develop and support qualification, production and customer deliverable test equipment. S/he will participate in everything from new equipment design and development to supporting customers with new installation and upgrades. This position reports to the Electronics and Software group within the Engineering department. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Conceptualize, design, program, test, and document test equipment designs and verify equipment performance.
- Create circuit designs including component selection, schematic capture, modeling and analysis for test equipment.
- Work with board layout designers for schematic implementation.
- Interface with procurement and suppliers for component selection and purchase.
- Specify test and calibration procedures for developed electronic test equipment.
- Provide analysis to support electrical circuit changes or approvals.
- Conduct root-cause-analysis and technical investigations for software/hardware designs.
- Support new product development with specification of design for test requirements.
- Work with customers to specify and design O, I and D level test equipment.
- Provide engineering assistance to production, service, and repair personnel.
- Provide guidance and assistance to technicians for assembly, testing, and troubleshooting of test equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (EE or EET) or equivalent degree from an ABET accredited program.
- 5 or more years of experience in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience performing circuit design and schematic capture.
- Experience programming LabVIEW or similar test and instrumentation application.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- 3+ years of Test Engineering experience.
- Experienced performing structured programming, C, Pascal and Python language experience desired.
- Experienced utilizing Orcad for schematic capture.
- Experienced developing automated test equipment for development and production environments.
- Knowledge of military and aerospace testing standards.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Job Posting: 18-Sep-2018, 7:21:55 AM
Recruiter: Michael Hamill
Req ID: 250214