Belcan Senior Maintainability Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Senior Maintainability Engineer
Job Number: 294214
Description: A Senior Maintainability Engineer (Direct Hire) job in Davenport, IA is available through Belcan for one of our clients.
Belcan is seeking a Senior Maintainability Engineer that will perform engineering within a dynamic and multifunctional team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the Aircraft Systems Engineering team and a diverse line of Life Support and Aerial Refueling products for defense and commercial aerospace.
• Perform detailed analysis and assessment of mechanical and electromechanical designs to identify and document reliability, maintainability and safety considerations.
• Develop reliability program plans, perform reliability analysis, apportion failure rates, generate reliability predictions and reports, analyze production and field data to identify reliability improvement opportunities.
• Utilize the company Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
• Conduct and document Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA/FMEA) and Fault Tree Analysis.
• Support Root Cause Failure Analysis.
• Perform systems and subsystems safety hazard analysis, assign hazard rating, develop mitigation strategies, actively track and manage hazards to acceptable risk levels.
• Perform maintainability analysis, identify preventative maintenance activities and cycle times, ensure customer maintenance requirements are met and support customer maintenance demonstrations.
• Generate proposals, RM&S estimates and support Total Cost of Ownership or Life Cycle Cost predictions.
• Participate in Integrated Product Teams for collaborative design and project execution coordination.
• Make independent judgments regarding technical issues and recommendation to improve company processes.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology discipline from an ABET accredited institution.
• 7+ years' experience as an RM&S engineer or equivalent role.
• Experience performing reliability predications and analysis for defense or commercial aerospace systems.
• Experience utilizing reliability standards or equivalent standards such as MIL-STD-217, MIL-STD-756, NSWC-10, MIL-HDBK-781, MIL-HDBK-189, MIL-STD-1629, SAE JA1000, and ANSII GEIA-STD-009.
• Experience using PTC/Relex Reliability Prediction software.
• This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
• Certified Reliability Professional (CRP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE).
• Ability to perform safety and hazard analysis per MIL-STD-882, SAE ARP4761 or equivalent standards.
• Ability to perform maintainability analysis per MIL-HDBK-470, 472 or equivalent.
• Ability to perform Human Factors engineering analysis per MIL-HDBK-1472 or equivalent.
• Strong statistical analysis and pragmatic problem solving skills.
Location: Davenport , IA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart