Cobham Mission Senior Structural Design Engineer in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham Mission Equipment in Davenport, Iowa is seeking a Senior Aerospace Structures Design Engineer to work with teams of Designers and Structures Analysts on new product development and current product support across multiple product lines.
- Conceptualize, design, qualify, and document aircraft structural components and systems.
- Work with Designers and Structural Analysis Engineers to optimize designs.
- Oversee and approve work by in-house and contract Designers and Design Engineers.
- Interface with internal and external customers to present design development outputs.
- Interface with procurement and manufacturing to facilitate transition from design to production.
- Review customer system structural requirements and lead decomposition to lower level requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- 5+ years of experience in structures design.
- Design experience or familiarity with Catia V5.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize daily activities to meet multiple program and department objectives.
- Ability to present complex results and material to a variety of persons including engineering, management, and customers.
- Have an understanding of materials (Aluminum, Steel, Plastics, etc), treatment methods, surface coatings and tempering.
- Have an understanding of metal forming, machining, joining and related manufacturing processes.
- Have the ability to travel domestically and internationally in support of design review and qualification activities.
- Have the ability to lift and convey 20 pounds of weighted
- Master’s Degree in related Engineering Discipline.
- Aerospace structures design experience.
- Design experience or familiarity with CREO (Pro/E).
- Very good written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical requirements and reports.
- High level of interpersonal skills to constructively work through design concepts with technical and non-technical team mates
- Leadership & team management skills, ability to motivate & develop.
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: CMS - Davenport
Job Posting: 09-Nov-2020, 6:48:15 PM
Recruiter: Mark Whalen
Req ID: 318920