Black & Veatch Battery Storage (BESS) Engineering Manager - US Hybrid in Des Moines, Iowa
Battery Storage (BESS) Engineering Manager - US Hybrid
Date: Feb 6, 2024
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 100212
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
Why Black and Veatch
Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life. At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
Black & Veatch prides itself on the support of our employees and providing flexibility to make the things that are most important to you, a priority. This is why we offer our professionals, located near an office, the option of a Hybrid work environment. Our hybrid work approach allows our employees to work two days a week from other locations outside of the office. Additionally, this opportunity has the possibility of being located in any of our offices located across the U.S; click the link and select United States to see a full list of . Some positions may be relocation eligible. Speak to your recruiter if you have interest in relocation.
As the Battery Storage (BESS) Engineering Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
• Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to produce deliverables on diverse and challenging Battery Storage (BESS) projects.
• Manage project execution of engineering design, material, equipment, and construction specification development for various battery storage projects. The assignments are varied and will include engineering, construction support, and Engineer Procure & Construct (EPC) projects.
• Manage budgeting, scheduling, and correspondence with Clients and project management in support of a project.
• Support business development, client interactions, project execution and proposals.
BV’s Energy & Process business is driven to meet clients’ rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission, and distribution of safe, reliable electric power. Our business continues to invest in renewable energy to power the future and support BV’s vision of more sustainable solutions. By joining our business, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of helping our clients with the most innovative energy solutions.
Check out one of our recent projects | Energy Storage Solutions |
• Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for assigned projects.
• Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments. Responsible for coordinating multiple discipline activity and serving as the responsible charge for assigned projects.
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on projects. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work.
• Provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• The position will entail occasional travel to support field assignments, and meetings with clients and other organizations.
• Actively manages project changes directly with the Client in coordination with the Project Manager.
• Consistently and independently applies knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
• Provides guidance and direction to assigned direct reports
• Assists with the performance management process and mentoring
Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• Experience managing Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) or design services battery storage (BESS) projects.
• Five years of experience in design of battery storage (BESS) with strong understanding of layout optimization and major equipment.
• Good communication skills and interest in engaging with Clients to grow relationships.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards.
• Intermediate knowledge of civil/structural and electrical/controls.
• Advanced ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
• Working knowledge of procurement & contract administration.
• Working knowledge of the proposal process.
• P.E License highly preferred.
• Working knowledge of testing and commissioning plans and procedures.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing
Minimum of 8 years related work experience
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration. Additional professional registration or licensure may be needed when practicing or on assignment in a different country. Exceptions may be approved by division management on a case by case basis.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office/home office environment. Working hybrid schedule, 3 days in office and 2 days remote.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineering Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs