TURNER CONSTRUCTION COMPANY Carpenter (Rough and Finish) in Des Moines, Iowa
Division: Des Moines Main Project Location(s): Des Moines, IA 50301 USA Minimum Years Experience: Travel Involved: Job Type: Regular Job Classification: Trade Education: Job Family: Trade Compensation: Hourly Non-Exempt
Carpenter- Des Moines, IA
Overview: Looking for a Carpenter to join our growing Turner team in Des Moines, Iowa area. Competitive pay and excellent benefits provided including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation and Paid Holidays!
Reports to: Foreman, Superintendent, and Trades Manager.
Schedule: this is a day shift position with a typical start time of 7am. Exact start time may vary by project and timing.
Position Description: Responsible for organizing and completing related tasks at building construction projects. Including, but no limited to constructing, erecting, installing, repairing structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter\'s hand tools and power tools, while confirming to local building codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess the skills necessary to complete rough carpentry work, site logistical work, fencing, deck and platform building, protection systems, construction waste areas, and jobsite cleanup
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements
- Erect scaffolding and ladders as needed
- Install structures and fixtures including but not limited to windows, doors, interior framing, slotted channel (strut) framing, Bathroom partitions, acoustical ceiling, millwork, floorings, trim and hardware
- Review jobsite needs with the superintendents and foreman and coordinates construction.
- Estimate, inventory, monitor, and request time, staff, material, and equipment needed to complete work
- Operate equipment such as forklifts, backhoe, skid steer, excavator, compactors, and construction hoist
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring Trade employees/subcontractors compliance with Turner standards and all applicable safety codes, regulations, and jobsite security
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees
- May need to travel
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations
May perform other duties as necessary or assigned
- Preferred candidate should have at least two (2) years of carpentry experience.
- Experience with metal studs, drywall, acoustic ceilings, doors and hardware preferred.
- Ability to read project drawings and basic knowledge of construction surveying
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings or other structures, foundations, and framing
- Knowledge of arithmetic, basic geometry, and their applications to carpentry
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including uses, repair, and maintenance associated with carpentry and woodworking
- Ability to accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- Must be able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations and understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Valid driver\'s license preferred
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Constantly: Standing, Walking,\ Combined Standing and Walking, Lifting/Lowering/Carrying weight under 25lbs,\ Reaching below shoulder height. Bending/Twisting neck, Bending at the waist\ (forward and sideways), Balancing, Pushing/Pulling, Repetitive Motion,\ Hand/Wrist Flexion-Extension, Noise/Dust/Chemical Exposures.
Frequently: Lifting/Lowering/ Carrying\ Weights 25-50lbs, Reaching above shoulder heights, Climbing, Working on\ heights. Occasionally: Sitting, Lifting/Lowering/\ Carrying over 50lbs, Squatting, Kneeling, Crawling, and confined space hazards.
Additional Demands: Vision\ abilities required include: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, perception,\ and focus.
Hearing\ abilities required include: Hearing abilities required with or without the use\ of an aide.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor