FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Civil Design Technician in Des Moines, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth Infrastructure Solutions, LLC (Foth)is currently seeking an innovative and results-driven Civil Design Technician looking to advance their career utilizing the latest technology in a team-oriented and client-focused work environment. This position will be working out of our Des Moines, IA office as part of
Projects include improvements to a wide variety of airport infrastructure, including utilities, roads, taxiways, and runways. You will be integral in providing essential solutions critical to the future growth and expansion of commercial service airports throughout Iowa. Our projects will challenge and reward you with many diverse opportunities to grow your career and technical skills.
- Collaborate on design drawings for aviation projects including runways, taxiways, utilities, storm water systems, and other related improvements
- Create 3D models to support the design and engineering of key project elements
- Ensure that design standards and processes align with Foth and FAA standards
- Integrate new technologies within the design process
- Develop a knowledge base of FAA design standards
- Serve as technical support for the project team of design engineers and project managers.
- Coordinate airfield construction activities with associated representatives of the client, contractors and regulatory agencies
- Communicate effectively with clients, contractors, and project manager regarding project scope, timelines, and related project issues to include adherence to project specifications (e.g., daily log, quantities, submittals)
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or related field
- 1+ years\' experience utilizing Microstation and or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Aviation design experience with knowledge of FAA design standards
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, understanding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients\' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth\'s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients\' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!