Shermco Industries Electrical Test Technician - Datacenters in Des Moines, Iowa
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN TO MAINTAIN DATA CENTER POWER SYSTEMS
Join our team of leaders in electrical power system maintenance, repair, testing, engineering, & training. We are seeking experienced an Electrical Technicians (to work out of our Des Moines IL Service Center serving data centers and other industrial customers. Shermco Industries is accredited by NETA and has one of the largest field services divisions in the industry.
Why Work for Shermco?
- Industry-leading electrical and safety training.
- Shermco is the largest independent electrical testing company in North America.
- Strong benefits package and highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan.
- Relocation package available.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Field Service Technicians travel to customer sites (industrial & commercial) to inspect, test, troubleshoot, perform start-up and collect data of low, medium and high voltage (480 Volt to 600 kV) electrical systems, and moderately complex relay calibration and power metering.
- Instrument transformer tests
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
- Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Low, Medium and High voltage switchgear and circuit breaker testing
- Rotate emergency on-call duty and if called respond to customer emergencies in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements.
- Must be available for overnight travel on a regular basis.
- Prefer an Associate’s degree from an accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power & Controls (EPC), or a EE Degree from an ABET accredited college, similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee)
- NETA Certification (II, III) or similar desired
- Must have at least 3 or more years of relevant experience performing switchgear testing & troubleshooting.
- Must have good PC skills including email, internet, data entry and Microsoft Excel; experience with PowerDB a plus.
- Must be able to work safely and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Prefer OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E, CPR/First Aid/BBP/AED training; training on each can be provided by Shermco.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- U.S. passport a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
No Agencies Please