ZIEGLER INC Field Service Electrical Dispatch Supervisor in DES MOINES, Iowa
Ziegler CAT has an opening for a Field Service Electrical Dispatch Supervisor to oversee maintenance and testing for our customers\' power systems. We are looking for an ambitious and dedicated individual to help support our Power Systems division.
- Oversees maintenance and testing of low and medium voltage (15kV and below) electrical systems, switchgear, automatic transfer switches and uninterruptible power systems
- Supports Ziegler safety culture and ensures technicians perform work safely with proper use of PPE and Complies with all local and federal safety codes
- Works in a cooperative manner with team, superiors and customers
- Supervises scope of work, testing procedures, report generation and remedial repair recommendations for electrical equipment, components or systems for emergency stand-by power systems
- Directs and coordinates maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications and codes
- Manages technician productivity; assigns work orders and schedules workload
- Coaches and mentors technicians, understands their goals and prepare them for the next step in their career
- Provides 24-hour support to Field Technicians
- Responds promptly to phone calls or email requests
- Advises customers on course of action in repairs: communicates before, during, and after the repair
- Provides status updates to all parties involved throughout the project.
- Manages work in process to meet deadlines and efficient billing.
- Coordinates procedures and documentation with contractors, engineers, customers, owners, utility company, sales staff and service technicians
- 2-year technical degree in electrical equipment maintenance or related
- 2+ years of relevantelectrical equipment repair experience preferred
- 2+ years in a lead or supervisory position preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and possesses strong organizational skills
- Personal characteristics: planning/organization, customer focus, problem solving, even temperament, leadership, detail oriented, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to serving our customers and developing a team with similar values
- Basic computer skills
- Understands safe electrical practices and required PPE, supports company safety culture
- Knowledge of protective relay devices (both electro-mechanical and solid state), circuit breakers, automatic transfer switches, and PLC, across multiple manufacturers
- Knowledge of all local and federal electrical safety codes
- Up to 25% travel
- Personal vehicle required
- Mileage reimbursement
*Minimum Physical Requirements:*
- Position will require standing, sitting, walking, use of hands, talking, and hearing.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Ziegler Inc. will reasonably accommodate the known disabilities of qualified disabled individuals.
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color or creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, protected veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission dealing with discrimination, or any other protected class status.
For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights and protections, click here.
For information about your Family and Medical Leave Act rights, click here, and for information about the Employee Polygraph Protection Act, click here.
For information about Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Ziegler Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.