IES Journeyman Lineman (Iowa) in DES MOINES, Iowa
IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial and Industrial Division, seeking full-time Journeyman Lineman for work in Nebraska and Iowa and Kansas areas as needed. $3,500 HIRE BONUS and Per Diem Eligibility Applies.
- Construction, installation, maintenance and repair of electric transmission and distribution lines
- Works with, mentors and provides Helper/Apprentices with safety and on the job training
- Knowledgeable of and ability to train in electrical distribution and transmission line construction, electrical apparatus such as single phase transformers, three phase transformer banks, voltage testing, rotation, and regulators, and line switching, clearance procedures and grounding
- Complies with all company and customer safety policies and procedures
- Travel as required.
- Successful completion of accredited Journeyman Lineman program or considered a documented Journeyman Lineman through verifiable experience
- 5 years' recent experience, working in transmission and/or distribution line construction a plus
- Supervisory experience and ability to assist Foreman with daily tasks
- Class A or B CDL or ability to obtain
- Successfully pass DOT physicals/drug tests as required
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug test and MVR check.
Company Overview: IES Commercial, Inc. - Commercial and Industrial Division, a subsidiary of IES Holdings, Inc. (IES), an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. IES is traded on the NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. IES Commercial and Industrial operates diverse business units across the United States, each focusing on distinct market segments and geographies, with some business units operating nationally. Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it.
Benefits: Exceptional benefits including 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary match, flexible medical-dental-vision insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/ADandD insurance and highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off in the majority of business units.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact IES Commercial and Industrial Division Human Resources at Phone: (305) 887-5137. If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese English - Spanish - Chinese If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
IES is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.