FOTH AND VAN DYKE, LLC Lead Water Resources Engineer in Des Moines, Iowa
Do you like to solve problems in an engaging, collaborative, team environment? Are you excited about discovery, technical innovation, and achievement? Does working in a flexible culture with professional growth opportunities, a family friendly vibe, and smart, caring colleagues make for a great day? If so, consider an employment opportunity at Foth and join these members who enjoy their .
Our Infrastructure Solutions business focuses on working with public agencies to solve challenges with our built infrastructure, improving the quality of life for all by helping people safely and efficiently travel, delivering clean water, and protecting public health. We partner alongside clients in all project phases, from planning through construction, on building roads, airports and water systems. Our focus is on the people we serve, and their success is our inspiration.
Foth Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a team-focused, innovative, and results-oriented Lead Water Resources Engineer who is looking to be a significant contributor in discipline development and the design of diverse civil engineering projects across multiple industries. This position can be based out of our Milwaukee, Madison, Minneapolis and Des Moines locations.
- Support and develop the technical vision and strategic direction for the water resources discipline in cooperation with the Water Technical Competency Leader
- Establish, implement, and continuously improve discipline-specific standard work, training programs, and QA/QC systems
- Lead technical engineering project designs and reports focused on storm water management, watershed planning, modeling analysis, green infrastructure, and best management practices
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage channel design, erosion and sediment control, and floodplain modeling
- Perform stream and wetland restoration designs and water quality studies
- Develop technical water resources reports for local, state, and federal agencies
- Conduct watershed and storm water management planning
- Prepare design plans, specifications, and bid documents for storm water, drainage, and water quality construction projects
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and/or Iowa
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with water resources as a project manager or technical producer in the engineering consulting industry
- Proficiency with storm water modeling software (e.g., HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, XPSWMM, AutoCAD, MicroStation, HEC-HMS, ArcGis)
- Certified Floodplain Manager Accreditation
- Minimum of 15 years of experience that included leading technical teams and hands-on engineering with design, reports, and feasibility studies for water resources projects
- Direct client contact
All Foth Companies are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. All locations are tobacco-free.
Foth, the largest engineering and science consulting firm headquartered in Wisconsin, employs more than 650 members and operates in 28 locations to provide our national and international clients with convenient, personal services.
Our dynamic science and engineering teams at Foth are organized into business units - Environment Solutions, Infrastructure Solutions, and Production Solutions - each comprised of extraordinary talent embodying decades of knowledge and specialized expertise. We bring our 80 year history of success and interdisciplinary knowledge to every client we serve, unders anding their business, providing trusted advice, and developing customized, innovative solutions with remarkable energy and ingenuity.
Foth provides engineers, scientists, and other talented professionals an award-winning employment experience, including flexibility to balance work and life. We take on our clients\' toughest challenges which provides meaningful project assignments working alongside creative and dedicated team members.
Foth\'s commitment to our members is demonstrated by annually reinvesting 5% of professional fee revenues in professional development activities. Our work environment is professional, collaborative, and fun. Each day, we work together in a unified, values-based culture, helping our clients\' achieve their goals and improving the world we live in.
Join our team and experience the Foth difference!