RYAN COMPANIES US INC Learning and Development Manager, Construction in DES MOINES, Iowa
With more than 80 years in business and 16 offices (and growing!), Ryan offers comprehensive commercial real estate solutions to customers across the US. We bring a collaborative, relationship-driven approach to delivering spaces where people thrive and businesses succeed. Join a company with an outstanding culture and competitive benefits. At Ryan, we don't just build buildings - we build stories.
Ryan Companies US, Inc. has an immediate career opportunity for a Learning and Development Manager! This individual will partner with the construction office leadership team to develop and implement a learning strategy that improves operational efficiency.
Some things you can expect to do:
- Actively manage functional skills curriculum for the Project Management job family
- Solicit guidance from senior leadership on program needs to prioritize content development appropriately
- Partner with departmental subject matter experts to support construction training needs: creation of materials, storyboarding, editing, maintaining video content, coaching, and suggestions for enhanced design and delivery of content
- Define live training needs, identify and train facilitators, and schedule needed sessions
- Serve as master trainer, capable of coaching and leading
- Develop systems to reinforce learning and gauge effectiveness of knowledge, skill, and behavior transfer to meet business objectives
- Devise modes of assessment and evaluation to measure the effectiveness of training solutions
To be successful in this role, you must have knowledge of construction processes and toolsets, including Procore, MS Project, and learning management platforms. The ability to partner with subject matter experts, interpret customer needs, and translate them into learning deliverables is also required.
You will really stand out if you have:
- A degree in organizational development
- Ability to travel to all national locations, including overnight stays when required
- Advanced knowledge of construction means and methods, building types, estimating, scheduling, cost control, material pricing, and design management
Positions require verification of employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Certain positions and locations require Covid-19 vaccination, subject to reasonable accommodations for valid medical or sincerely held religious reasons.
Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Retirement and Savings Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Ryan Foundation - charitable matching funds
Paid Time for Volunteer Events
EEO Policy and Reasonable Accomodation Notice
Ryan Companies US, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, CLICK HERE.
If we can help accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please email . Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please note: Our accommodation specialist is unable to provide application status updates.
Ryan does not accept recruiting agency solicitations.
- Dallas - Texas
- Chicago - Illinois
- Cedar Rapids - Iowa
- Minneapolis - Minnesota
- Phoenix - Arizona
- Tampa - Florida
- Austin - Texas
- Atlanta - Georgia
- Des Moines - Iowa
- Kansas City - Missouri
- Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Ryan Companies US, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. For information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters