GAF Regional Controls Engineer IV in Des Moines, Iowa
At GAF Commercial we cover more than buildings. We cover each other. No matter what role,
tenure, or department, under this roof you are helping to build the market leader in
commercial roofing. Under this roof, we are assembling a winning team that puts the
customer at the center of every decision and doesn't back down from hard work. Under this
roof, we support one another in delivering operational excellence daily, while working to make
a positive impact for our planet and our communities. Becoming the market leader only
happens when everyone feels they have the opportunity, and the support, to thrive. We are
GAF. And under this roof, we protect what matters most.
The Regional Controls Engineer provides technical expertise and direction for control and automation systems. This position assists with control and automation systems, data acquisition, and production network management. The Regional Controls Engineer is also responsible for troubleshooting electrical problems as they relate to the production line process. This position will provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to the Plant Controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and repair skills.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plant engineering support:
● Act as the primary internal engineering resource concerning control systems for each plant.
○ Identify opportunities to improve plant performance
○ Create, communicate, justify, and submit for approval control systems projects
○ Manage contract resources to complete approved projects
○ Support the plant capital plan (1 and 5 year) for budgeting
- Strategic project development:
● Create and maintain a “systems health” report for obsolescence and development.
○ Identify and catalog all obsolete equipment within each operation.
○ Present cost and priority information each year in order to get depreciation for strategic projects in the respective plant plan.
○ Lead and facilitate strategic projects.
- Plant support and troubleshooting:
● Provide plant support in instances where local plant personnel are struggling.
○ Provide relevant training for control systems where applicable
○ Provide troubleshooting expertise through remote support and onsite support when necessary
○ Provide ongoing technical guidance and coaching/mentoring to plant controls personnel to strengthen their troubleshooting and repair skills.
- Control Group Coordination:
● Coordinate with controls group for information and Standards
○ Must maintain knowledge of contemporary technology and its application to this industry.
○ Must communicate with controls team members through attendance at controls team meetings, conference calls, technical support (Based on GAF policies)
● Perform other duties as assigned at the discretion of the manager of this position.
Under This Roof, We Require
● Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
● 5+ Years of Controls Engineering experience in a continuous manufacturing environment.
● Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
How We Protect What Matters Most
● We offer a wide range of health insurance options that include medical, dental, and vision for you and your family.
● Our Family-Building benefits support the many different journeys to fertility and parenthood.
● Our robust 401K plan includes an employer match contribution with your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions.
● Other exciting programs and perks are available to help employees achieve work-life balance, including (but not limited to) a wellness program, free financial coaching, a referral program, and product rebates when purchased for an employee’s primary residence.
● Professional growth and development are very important to us! We offer internal training programs and courses, as well as a generous tuition reimbursement program.
● We put diversity and inclusion into action with our Employee Resource Groups, which unite employees based on common perspectives, identities, demographic factors, or out of a desire to be an ally.
GAF complies with federal, state, and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact HR Services at 833-HR-XPERT.
Consideration will be given based on geography, candidate experience, and qualifications.
Annual Salary Range: 126,000-161,000
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, Standard Logistics, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.
- GAF Jobs