THE WALDINGER CORPORATION Sheet Metal Detailer in Des Moines, Iowa
The Waldinger Corporation, a growing Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Sheet Metal industry leader, is looking for a Detailer! This role is responsible for the layout of HVAC Sheet Metal and equipment so that field installation and shop production may be completed in the safest and most cost-effective manner possible.
- Creates a constructible model in accordance with the design intent, specifications, local codes, and standard industry procedures.
- Creates point files and dimensioned drawings for cost-effective field installation.
- Maintains reasonable knowledge of shop equipment, means, and methods of fabrication.
- Gives consideration to the most cost-effective construction methods including material selection, fitting choices, and routing.
- Maintains an accurate schedule of required activities for assigned workload.
- Coordinates with Jobsite Foreman to set accurate ship dates and communicate dates to shop and works with team members to assign priority to tasks.
- Prepares accurate material lists for field and shop fabrication.
- Provides feedback to project management staff when deviations from engineers drawings occur.
- Union Member
- Detailing experience is a plus
- 5+ years of installing sheet metal
- Must be detail-oriented and know how to read plans
- Software experience is preferred but not required
The Waldinger Corporation is an EOE, including disability/vets.
The Waldinger Corporation participates in E-Verify.