TERRACON INC Staff Geotechnical Engineer in DES MOINES, Iowa
Job Description Come to Terracon and discover what great looks like. Here, you\'ll have the opportunity to work with great people and work on great projects. At Terracon, you can have the opportunity to build a career focused on rewarding and exciting project that help the community where you live. Geotechnical engineering is being reinvented at Terracon. Innovation is key as we look to deliver solutions to our clients like no one has ever done before. If you are ready for a change and a challenge, we want to talk with you. At Terracon, safety is a core value. Working safely is an uncompromising commitment at all levels of the company to ensure everyone goes home safe to their family each and every day. Our Des Moines, Iowa team is currently looking for a Staff Geotechnical Engineer. In this role you will manage geotechnical engineering projects to ensure that they are safely completed on time and within scope and budget. You will play a key role to complete the project per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan, and you could provide oversight for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. You can be prepared to attend client meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage small to medium sized projects from proposal through preparing geotechnical engineering reports.
- Works with client, senior engineers, and/or account managers to develop proposals that define project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan. Ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Analyze data and perform engineering calculations and analysis for senior engineer review.
- Conduct, coordinate or supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data.
- Develop plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project manager and Professional Engineer of Record to gain project management and engineering experience.
- Makes design recommendations, adaptations and modifications for review and consideration by the Professional Engineer of Record.
- May supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel.
- Interacts with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Partner with Terracon departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Bachelor\'s degree in Engineering, and a minimum of 1-3 years related experience.
- Master\'s degree in Geotechnical engineering highly preferred
- Engineer-in-training (EIT), or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
- Valid driver\'s license with acceptable violation history.
About Terracon Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon\'s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opport nities in the marketplace. Terracon\'s vision of \"Together, we are best at people\" is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs. EEO Statement Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.