SASR Workforce Solutions Travel Warehouse Selector in Des Moines, Iowa
Des Moines, Iowa, United States\s•\sP-100007\s• Job Requirements
Traveling Warehouse Order Selector -- Equipment Operator
Must be willing and able to travel out of state over 60+ miles
Are you wild at heart? Adventurous? Hard-working, disciplined, self-motivated, organized, artistic, free-spirited, and friendly?
Then we may just have the perfect career for you at SASR Workforce Solutions! SASR is looking for experienced Order Selectors to join our warehouse teams!
What does a Traveling Warehouse Order Selector do?
Order Selectors are responsible for performing distribution center shipping/receiving functions and be an essential part of moving product accurately and safely throughout the Distribution Center. This position is a temporary assignment until the associate meets the required probationary period and has reached the minimum expectations required for the tasks assigned. Emphasis should be placed on safety and accuracy during probationary period.
· SASR has a wide range of job opportunities across the USA
· Potential for Long-term work
· Higher Pay: Up to $22/hr Total Compensation
· SASR uses a point system that helps with an increase in compensation and other job benefits such as more work opportunities and preferred status
Scope of Work:
· Perform any shipping and receiving task that may be assigned by supervisor or appropriate designee
· Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to electric pallet jack, and personal protective equipment. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment
· Perform pre-operational check of electric pallet jacks or forklifts according to company policy
· Follow good sanitation practices; keep work area clean and free of debris
· Hand select orders within various warehouse environments of fluctuating temperatures, including Dry, Cooler, and Freezer
· Stack product on pallets in accordance with proper selecting procedures (for example, no stacking heavy-on-light, labels facing out, etc.)
· Frequently lift products that weigh up to 100 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches; constantly bend and twist while operating an electric pallet jack and/or forklift, retrieving items from lower shelf areas
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
· Requires working overtime hours, working weekends, and holidays
· Requires working in areas with temperature and humidity variations based on local weather conditions, and on selecting environment (Dry, Cooler, Freezer)
At SASR, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
High School Education or equivalent
Experience operating powered industrial equipment (PE)
4 months warehouse experience
4 months experience operating an electric ride on pallet jack and/or standup forklift
Ability to wear a headset to support voice selection for all areas of the warehouse (ex. Vocollect)
SASR Workforce Solutions
- SASR Workforce Solutions Jobs