Black & Veatch Water / Wastewater Engineering Manager 6 - US Hybrid in Des Moines, Iowa
Water / Wastewater Engineering Manager 6 - US Hybrid
Date: Feb 21, 2024
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
Together, we own our company, our future, and our shared success.
As an employee-owned company, our people are Black & Veatch. We put them at the center of everything we do and empower them to grow, explore new possibilities and use their diverse talents and perspectives to solve humanity's biggest challenges in an ever-evolving world. With over 100 years of innovation in sustainable infrastructure and our expertise in engineering, procurement, consulting and construction, together we are building a world of difference.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 101966
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : Yes
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: Yes
Why Black and Veatch
Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life. At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
Black & Veatch prides itself on the support of our employees and providing flexibility to make the things that are most important to you, a priority. This is why we offer our professionals, located near an office, the option of a Hybrid work environment. Our hybrid work approach allows our employees to work two days a week from other locations outside of the office. Additionally, this opportunity has the possibility of being located in any of our offices located across the U.S; click the link and select United States to see a full list of. Some positions may be relocation eligible. Speak to your recruiter if you have interest in relocation. #LI-MK1
The Engineering Manager for Water & Wastewater will manage execution of the engineering component of multiple traditional, design-build, design-bid-build, and collaborative delivery projects including advanced treatment facilities, underground conveyance, and carbon neutral solutions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Deliver high-profile projects for major municipal clients.
• Lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and technicians to produce deliverables for diverse and challenging projects.
• Supervise and mentor engineering staff and identify developmental growth opportunities.
• Assist with developing new business for major municipal clients.
• Manage budgets, scheduling, and correspondence with clients and project management in support of a project.
Please note: This role will be hybrid: 2 days per week remote, 3 days per week in-office out of one of our regional offices.
Black & Veatch's Governments & Environment business works to provide innovative solutions and integrated planning, design and construction support for mission-critical facilities, as well as threat reduction and environmental services support worldwide. By joining our business, you will be able to provide infrastructure for community benefit through regulated utilities and government agencies.
The Engineering Management team is ranked in the top 10 by ENR for Water Design Firms in Water Supply, Sewer Waste, and other water-related rankings. We partner with our clients to align people, processes, technologies, and data analytics in the face of industry transformation. We help customers leverage our industry-leading solutions and expertise to modernize water infrastructure, optimize asset use, meet performance goals, reduce costs, and mitigate risk no matter where the water industry goes next.
Check out one of our recent projects |
*General Responsibilities: *
• Provides guidance and direction on department design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies. Assists in developing, maintaining and updating engineering standards. Provides technical guidance to others regarding projects and disciplines.
• Independently applies knowledge and complies with B&V quality program. Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality. Provides related guidance and direction to others. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
*Project Execution Responsibilities: *
• Prepares a variety of complex engineering deliverables for multiple or mega projects. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Oversees collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work. Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles. Develops and Manages budget, schedule, and quality requirements across multiple disciplines for a project. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis problems and methods. Reviews lower-level engineering work or assignments. Is responsible for one or more of the following: leading larger production teams; coordinating multiple discipline activity; and serving as the responsible charge for a project.
• Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on complex projects.
• Responsible for assisting with identification of key client interests and drivers on moderately complex projects and may determine the key clients in some instances. Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects. May offer other services to the clients. Typically provides support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Actively manages project changes directly with the Client with supervision from the Project Manager.
*Technical Expertise: *
• Ability to lead large multi-discipline teams and drive solutions to meet deliverables.
• Ability and motivation to technically lead complex water and wastewater treatment projects.
Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
• PE license.
• Previous engineering consulting experience.
• Experience executing multi-discipline WWTP upgrades and expansion projects.
• Experience as an Engineering Manager in the water and/or wastewater field.
• Experience and ability to support proposals with technical ideas and approaches.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration. Additional professional registration or licensure may be needed when practicing or on assignment in a different country. Exceptions may be approved by division management on a case by case basis.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical Office Environment with a hybrid work schedule (3 days in office and 2 days remote)
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms : Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Job Segment: Water Treatment, Wastewater, Construction, Engineering Manager, Architecture, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs