Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Controls Engineer in DeWitt, Iowa
218 E Industrial St, DeWitt, IA 52742, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Magnaflux, a division of Illinois Tool Works (Fortune 250), is a leading worldwide supplier of magnetic particle, dye penetrant inspection equipment and associated chemical products used for applications within the Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Energy markets.
With over 85 years in the industry, Magnaflux offers employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) with immediate company match, and much more!
· Create and maintain our PLC control logic on our standard and custom equipment using Allen-Bradley Connected Components Workbench (RSLogix500 and Studio 5000 beneficial) and Siemens TIA Portal.
· Create and maintain electrical designs and diagrams using 2D software.
· Assure thoroughness of design, testing, compliance to specifications, and quality of products by creating accurate and complete drawings and bill of materials.
· Develop and Design automation concepts related to part handling and operator interfaces.
· Work as a team member by providing technical support to other departments such as production, purchasing, and quality.
· Evaluate products, components, and applications to identify new or alternate components for sourcing.
· Assure product quality by supporting finished product testing in the test cell.
· Evaluate and improve manufacturing processes through design improvements or method changes.
· Maintain organization’s stability and reputation by complying with government regulations. Incorporate necessary measures to meet regulatory requirements into products and process development.
· Additional duties and tasks as assigned.
· Technical electrical education required.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering preferred.
· 3 – 10 years’ experience in related field.
· Experience with AutoCAD or other 2D CAD system.
· SolidWorks experience preferred; SolidWorks Electrical highly preferred.
· Microsoft Office 365 (Teams) familiarity beneficial.
· MRP systems use.
· Must be able to interact with other departments throughout the company.
· Ability to interface and provide guidance to other personnel in the equipment group and within the company.
· Must also be able to provide technical support to customers.
· Good written and oral communication skills are required.
· Concise and accurate data reporting is a must.
· Must be highly skilled in physics and engineering issues.
Must be able to travel up to 10% of working time
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Jobs