Kloeckner Metals Corporation Burner Operator in Dubuque, Iowa
Kloeckner Metals - Dubuque, IA branch currently has an opening for a Burner Operator
THIS IS A SECOND SHIFT POSITION* *Job Summary: Processes quality products safely and efficiently by setting up, operating and performing simple programming of a Burner Operator.
- Identify paperwork / work order documents make a mental map of how each order will fit on table, group orders by thickness; prioritize according to supervisor’s input, 2nd runs, customer will calls or other requirements.
- Locate material on floor, locate material in staging, home location or plate drop racks, select / hook up proper material handling equipment: chains assembly with plate hooks, or plate dog, magnet, spreader bar, find and place dunnage on table as needed
- Select proper tips for burner torch depending on material to be cut and desired edge.
- Program CNC computer per work order instructions, clean scrap slag off of finished parts as they are cut, stack parts on skid or place in 3 yd hopper for transporting to tumbler slag cleaning machine. After cleaning all slag on both sides, place parts on skid for packaging, noting customer unloading requirements – max skids, etc. Shrink wrap as needed, band material with steel banding, label skid with order number, customer name, PO number if required. Remove all scrap from table, place in dumpster, and place finished order in staging area as required.
Associated hazards / physical requirements:
- All burner operators and parts cleaners are required to lift up to 50 lbs, climbing up and down on the burning table and forklifts.
- Stepping in and around layouts, lifting boards / dunnage onto table, bending and lifting to stack small pieces / bags (finished goods) off table, in and out of tumbler and onto skids.
- Changing fork lift propane tanks – as needed.
Minimum Requirements: A High School diploma or equivalent and 3-5 years of job related experience
Benefits: Paid holidays, vacation time, medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, company matched 401k.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation (KMC) has its North American headquarters inRoswell, GA, and is a subsidiary of Klöckner & CO, based in Duisburg,Germany. Kloeckner Metals is among the largest producer-independentdistributors of steel and metal products and one of the leading steel servicecenter companies in the European and American markets combined. KloecknerMetals has 50 locations in the U.S. and is located in 25 states. Kloeckner Metals services more than 13,000 metalworking businesses around theUnited States, Mexico and Canada.
Kloeckner Metals Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.”
Visit us atwww.kloecknermetals.com*__to learn more about us and see otheropportunities nationwide. Follow us on social media on Facebook_https://www.facebook.com/kloecknermetals___and LinkedIn _https://www.linkedin.com/company/kloeckner-metals-corporation____and review our latest videos__https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFmRpYYYLATpfqbDa74fUkA__*_
Auto req ID: 2730BR
Address: 14806 West Ridge Lane
Req ID: DUB
Zip Code: 52003