Portzen Carpenter in DUBUQUE, Iowa
Portzen Construction is currently searching for full-time Carpenters. Portzen Construction, Inc. is \ located in Dubuque, Iowa. Some travel may be required. \ \ Primary Responsibilities
- Read blueprints.
- Assist in building concrete form work, pouring and finishing concrete
- Rough Framing wood or steel studs.
- Finish Carpentry (Doors, Cabinets, Counter tops, Interior and Exterior Trim)
- Ability to take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Work with foreman or project superintendent to successfully complete projects from start to finish.
- Ability to understand carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saw, hammers, rulers, etc.)
Skill, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Must be 18 years old
Good understanding of basic math
Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required to join the apprenticeship.
No specific experience required when starting as a first level apprentice. Skill set to improve with each level of apprenticeship.
Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
Must be able to take written and verbal direction.
Must be able to work with others in a positive manner.
Must be able to show up on time for scheduled shift.
Must possess the tools and knowledge for the appropriate level of skill set.
Must be able to work within safety guidelines and laws at all times.
Squat and kneel repeatedly throughout the course of an 8-hour work shift.
Lift 75 lbs. (one sheet of BBO plywood) repeatedly through the course of the day.
Read and understand construction documents.
Read and use a tape measure.
Swing a hammer effectively.
Use power and hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
Work in hot and cold exterior conditions.
Wear the personal protective equipment provided.
Wear the t