Stellar Industries Inc Electrical Engineer Technician in Garner, Iowa
The electrical engineer technician designs, tests and documents electrical/electronic system components for mobile equipment. The position applies knowledge of electrical/electronics, wireless communications and processor based control systems. The electronics technician provides design support to the Electrical Assembly Dept. of manufacturing.
· Design control system components to include but not limited to motor controllers, wire harnesses, control panels, valve drivers, and wireless remote-control systems.
· Create schematics and wiring diagrams using CAD tools for communication to vendors, manufacturing department and customer service.
· Generate and maintain wire harness drawings for manufacturing using CAD tools
· Develop visual aids and work instructions for installation of electrical products
· Troubleshoot and repair electrical/electronic components, including programmable controls, wire harnesses, power supplies, and test equipment.
· Inspect installations and observe operation to ensure design compliance and all that applicable safety requirements are being satisfied.
· Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test fixtures and diagnostic instruments such as a multi-meter, oscilloscope, network analyzer and wireless field strength meter.
· Perform detailed calculations to compute specifications for purchasing, manufacturing and installation standards.
· Compile data and prepare reports related to research and testing of new and existing products.
· Responsible for complying with safety and quality systems procedures, as required.
· Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
· Act as a positive role model for all co-workers
· Promote a productive and non-disruptive work ethic within the company.
· Continuously promotes and fosters a culture of working safety.
· Knowledge of computers and electronics design techniques, tools and principles.
· Operations Analysis and Critical Thinking.
· Complex problem solving with emphasis on active learning.
· Strong applied math and applied physics skills.
· Knowledge of common application programming languages.
· Teamwork Orientation
Preferred Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Associates Degree in related technical field combined with industry specific experience.
· Three to five years of proven experience in the design and/or manufacturing of electrical/electronic products or electro-mechanical systems
· Experience with Solidworks Electrical or similar CAD based schematic software
· Experience with Microsoft Office
Job ID: 2021-1149
External Company Name: Stellar Industries, Inc
Street: 190 State St
Shift: 1st Shift