WindStream Communications Manager-Eng and Construction in Grinnell, Iowa
Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.
Windstream Holdings, Inc. is a leading provider ofadvancednetwork communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
About the Role:
As a Manager-Engineering and Construction you will lead a vital team representing our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise, and carrier partners across the United States.
In this position you will be accountable for the safe and successful engineering, design, and installationof aerial, buried and underground cable. You will have the authority to allocate resources and make engineering and construction decisions for the assigned areas in accordance with company policies, standards, guidelines, and commitments.
Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, engineering, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff, provide general direction and accountability for the engineering, construction, quality, schedule, and cost control of assigned jobs.
- Ensure availability of resources with proper expertise of tools/processes to support engineering and construction project execution.
Manage call out teams and handle after hours issues including on holidays, weekends, emergencies, and escalations.
Visit construction job sites and validate workmanship. Ensure job requests are within budget.
Attend management calls and meetings as requested. Participate in continuous safety training. Attend training to stay up to date on emerging technologies.
Work on problems and perform analysis of data requiring evaluation of a variety of factors.
Exercise sound judgement in selecting engineering techniques for obtaining solutions.
Plan and analyze recommendations, work guidance or deviations in support of new OSP construction including fiber to the premise (FTTP) and any modern technology requirements.
Oversee the wireline engineering and construction projects to ensure projects are complete and within budget.
Work with the materials coordinator to verify materials for the job.
Take corrective action with employees, as necessary.
- Promote a culture of innovative solutions that embody accountability and efficiency.
- Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
- Report to the Staff Manager while having several Direct Reports.
- Travel required up-to 50% of time in assigned area of responsibility and overnight stays as needed. Also, may be required to deploy to another State for Engineering and or Constructing Fiber Builds with as much time away as 1-3 Weeks.
Do You Have?
- Self-motivation. Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple construction/engineering jobs simultaneously and meet the job in-service dates.
- Authentic and collaborative communication skills.
- Ability to discusstechnology and connecting customers to products they value to create meaningful connections and long-term relationships.
- Able to reconcile engineering and construction activities and manage changes during the engineering and construction processes.
- Knowledgeable of engineering and construction practices.
- Able to apply a broad knowledge on a variety of vendor equipment and outside plant and outside plant electronics disciplines.
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors to accomplish the goals of the department.
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with multiple projects and diverse customer needs.
- College degree and 5-7 years of experience with 2 years supervisory experience within Engineering and Construction.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass DOT certification per-hire and ability to obtain a CDL license post-hire.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while maintaining budgetary emphasis.
- Familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and Microsoft.
- OSHA Training, NEC Training. Certifications within the Telecom Industry.
- Knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
- 7 years of relevant (OSP/ISP telecommunication industry) construction experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Grinnell
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 21001985
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs