CDM Smith Architect 6(Industrial/Remote Options) in Iowa City, Iowa
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial remote or fully-remote schedules for this position.*
With high-level goals provided, prepares and produces basic to highly complex construction contract documents, following prescribed methods and standards.
• Prepares and produces basic to highly complex designs and design presentation materials, following prescribed methods and standards.
• Coordinates building design formulation and development of construction contract documents with architectural and engineering staff.
• Researches and selects construction materials, technologies, methodologies for detailing and specifications.
• Researches, documents, and ensures compliance with applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations.
• Provides technical guidance and training to more junior staff.
• Reviews the work of more junior staff. Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
• Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices.
• Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
• Performs other duties as required.
Architect 6(Industrial/Remote Options)
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture. Professional Architect registration (RA) required. 11 years of related experience with 4 of those years as a Registered Architect. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Expert knowledge of Building Information Modeling and software, preferably Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD.
• Familiarity with rendering software programs.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert technical knowledge and design application knowledge. Expert knowledge of technologies and methodologies in the use of construction materials. Expert knowledge of Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD), preferably AutoCAD and Revit. Familiarity with modeling and rendering software programs. Expert knowledge of basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.). Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs