SEH, Inc. Graduate Engineer in Johnston, Iowa
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is an employee-owned company comprised of more than 800 engineers, architects, planners, scientists and talented professionals who work to provide exceptional service and value to our public and private clients. SEH employee-owners solve our world's complex challenges of renewing infrastructure, improving mobility, engineering clean water and designing better places all which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for more than 90 years with evidence of our work in more than 40 states.
SEH is seeking a Graduate Engineer to join our Highway Design team in our Johnston, IA office. This position will assist with the design of small to medium sized or portions of large sized transportation projects for the Highway Design group, and will serve on project teams as a capable and efficient engineer under the general direction of Professional Engineers and/or Project Managers assigned to the projects.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist in preparing project reports and recommendations for approval by the Professional Engineer or Project Manager
- May serve as Field Engineer during construction of various projects
- Assist Professional Engineer/Project Manager in project scoping, task hour budgets, schedules, and fee proposals
- Use prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced professional
- Manage own work activities and project team responsibilities and report to supervisor on status of workload
- Learn and keep abreast of the latest design standards and procedures
- Conform to SEH standards of quality, both technical and graphic
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Work effectively in an empowered team environment
- Communicate well with coworkers
- Maintain good technical writing skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of zero (0) to three (3) years of previous experience in the Civil Engineering field
- Successful completion of the Engineer-in-Training examination
- Training and/or experience in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD
- Previous experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Personal transportation and a valid driver's license
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 40 pounds
How To Apply
For confidential consideration, apply on line or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a covered veteran.
Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Location: Johnston, IA,
Practice: Highway Design
Amount of Travel: Occasional Travel