SEH, Inc. Sr Professional Engineer II in Johnston, Iowa
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is an employee-owned company comprised of more than 800 engineers, architects, planners, scientists and talented professionals who work to provide exceptional service and value to our public and private clients. SEH employee-owners solve our world's complex challenges of renewing infrastructure, improving mobility, engineering clean water and designing better places all which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for more than 90 years with evidence of our work in more than 40 states.
Our Water Engineering Practice Center located in Des Moines, IA is rapidly growing! We are looking for a talented Sr Professional Engineer who wants to be part of a dynamic and collaborative group of professionals known for providing exceptional service to our clients. This individual will join our bright and dedicated team on projects for local and state agencies in and around Des Moines area.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Iowa.
- Fifteen (15) or more years of previous experience specializing in municipal and/or industrial drinking water system design.
- Minimum of five (5) years project management experience.
- Entrepreneurial drive/intuition with demonstrated ability to grow the Water practice and position SEH as a technical expert and industry leader in Iowa and the region.
- Previous experience in proposal and client management; demonstrated ability to develop new business opportunities and win project proposals.
- Must be capable of scoping, budgeting, and coordinating sub-consultants; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation for occasional day trips.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, business development excursions, on-site inspections/visits, etc. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
Master's Degree in Civil, Chemical, or Environmental Engineering or related field.
Twelve (12) years or more experience.
Municipal and/or industrial water experience.
Previous experience with mid-large water plant design.
Previous experience managing a staff of engineering professionals and serving as a technical mentor for junior level staff.
- Current affiliation and/or membership with local, state or national wastewater societies and associations.
- Knowledgeable of Iowa regional water issues and familiarity with the municipal government and industrial client base.**__
How To Apply
For confidential consideration, apply on line or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a covered veteran.
Job Title: Sr Professional Engineer II
Location: Johnston, IA,
Practice: Water Engineering
Amount of Travel: Occasional Travel