Wells Dairy Inc. Mechanical Designer in Le Mars, Iowa
Entry to mid-level position responsible for performing technical tasks required to create conceptual designs to support Project Integrators and Project Engineers. Performs mechanical equipment layout, mechanical parts design, coordination of vendor supplied equipment, preparation of drawings for sub-contract bid packages and fabrication, and supporting construction and fabrication with drawing reviews, interpretation, and as-built drawings.
- Performs standard production facilities design/drafting including the layout of mechanical equipment, piping, electrical, and structural. Designs and ensures accurate documentation of parts and assemblies for production equipment, including fabrication and installation review and oversite.
- Provides all document management functions including entering and retrieving drawings and other documentation from the document management system, coordinating vendor drawing submittal review and return, and distribution of drawings to project team members.
- Performs basic and advanced CAD drafting and design, including 2D drawing, and 3D modeling using AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Inventor or other 2D/3D solids modeling software. Prepares Bill of Material information.
- Provides support in preparing the groups standard drawings and symbols libraries.
- Supports corporate initiatives such as plant safety maps, plant as-builts, and project studies.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- AA or AS Degree, Technical Certificate in Mechanical Design
- 2 to 4 years experience in mechanical design field.
- Working knowledge of production line equipment design and function, mechanical design and materials, and structural design and materials.
- Basic knowledge of electrical and control systems in a production plant environment.
- Understands continuous improvement methodology and incorporates it into all areas of work.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com.
Wells Enterprises is an EEO/AA employer M/F/Vet/Dis
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Req ID: 2000001315