SEH, Inc. Graduate Engineer in Mason City, Iowa
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. (SEH®) is an employee-owned company comprised of more than 800 engineers, architects, planners, scientists and talented professionals who work to provide exceptional service and value to our public and private clients. SEH employee-owners solve our world's complex challenges of renewing infrastructure, improving mobility, engineering clean water and designing better places all which contribute to Building a Better World for All of Us®. We've been in business for more than 90 years with evidence of our work in more than 40 states.
SEH is seeking a Graduate Engineer for our Wastewater Engineering group in our Mason City, IA office.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a team that provides exceptional service to our clients. The Graduate Engineer will support members of the Water/Wastewater Engineering team through providing modeling, analysis, and design of sanitary/storm sewer collection systems, lift stations, specialty hydraulic structures, and industrial facilities. This position will also be responsible for the development of project documentation, including design reports, engineering calculations, construction drawings, and technical specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Successfully completed the FE / EIT exam.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge and previous experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own means of reliable transportation for occasional day trips.
- Ability to travel as needed for team meetings, client consultations, on-site inspections/visits, etc. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Ability to walk and climb over rough terrain and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in Water/Wastewater Engineering.
- Experience within long term planning of underground infrastructure.
- Previous coursework or experience with civil engineering projects including fluid mechanics, open channel hydraulics, conveyance system hydraulics, and water/wastewater treatment.
- Submission of a cover letter that details of interest and qualifications.
How To Apply
For confidential consideration, apply on line or send your resume and salary requirements via fax to 651.490.2138. Please refer to the job number if you choose to fax.
Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, directives and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies and agencies. In keeping with this commitment, it is the policy of Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc. to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a covered veteran.
Job Title: Graduate Engineer
Location: Mason City, IA, US
Practice: Wastewater Engineering
Amount of Travel: Occasional Travel